TU Braunschweig Information
The TU Braunshweig, also known in English as the Braunschweig University of Technology is the oldest University of Technology in Germany. It was founded in 1745 and is a member of TU9, Germany’s most renowned society and largest German Institute of Technology. Having about 13,000 students makes the university the third largest university in Lower Saxony. The TU Braunschweig ranking is the joint 33rd university in Germany, and between 508th to 568th in the world. Similarly rated German colleges include University of Ulm, University of Rostock, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, University of Bayreuth, and University of Bremen.
The TU Braunschweig focuses on science and engineering. However, it also offers a wide range of faculties. There are 6 major faculties with different degree programs and specializations. These are as follows:
1. Carl Friedrich Gau Department – the department includes the Faculty of Mathematics, Computer Science, Business Administration, Economic and Social Sciences.
2. Life Sciences – this includes Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Pharmacy and Psychology.
3. Architecture, Civil Engineering and Environmental Sciences – including Architecture, Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering and Business Administration and Geoecology.
4. Mechanical Engineering – includes Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Business Administration and Biological Engineering.
5. Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Physics – degree offered as what the name implies.
6. Humanities and Educational Sciences
The TU Braunschweig also offers a wide variety of research known for it’s excellency. Such research includes: Departmental Research Profile, Collaborative Research Center, DFG Research Units, Research and Training Groups, DFG Priority Programs and Interdisciplinary Centers. There are basically 5 strategic fields of research that are consistently being developed to produce leading scientific achievements. These fields of research are as follows: Life Sciences, Civil Engineering and the Environment, Micro and Nano Production, Information and Communication Technology, and Mobility and Transportation.
There are various notable alumni associated with the TU Braunschweig. One of which is a Nobel Laureate, Klaus von Klitzing. He is a physicist know for his discovery of Integer Quantum Hall Effect. Carl Friedrich Gau is another notable alumnus of the university. With a faculty named after him, he was considered as the Prince of Mathematicians for his significant contributions to the subject such as number theory, statistics, geodesy, geophysics, differential geometry and many others. He referred to Mathematics as the Queen of Sciences. Another notable alumnus of the university in the field of arts is Georg Ferdinand Howaldt. He is a sculptor known for foundry casting sculptures.
TU Braunschweig Address
The TU Braunschweig address is located at Pockelsstraße 14, 38092 Braunschweig.
TU Braunschweig Rankings and Quick Facts
Known in Germany as Technische Universität Braunschweig. The Technology University Braunschweig name is often shortened to TU Braunschweig.
|University world Ranking – Times 400 (UK)||
|University world Ranking – Jiaotong 500 (China)||
305 to 402
|University world Ranking – Newsweek 100 (USA)||
|European Rank (Jiaotong)||
124 to 172
Technology University Braunschweig Facts
|Students (Undergraduates / PG/ Total)||
|Faculty / Staff||
|Number of foreign students||