University of Maryland Baltimore Ranking, Address, Tuition Fees, Admissions Requirement & SAT Scores

0 Flares 0 Flares ×

The University of Maryland Baltimore ranking is between 326 to 346 in the world on the University Review College Ranking List. It is unranked nationally in the USA by both the USnews and Forbes, this is because it is largely devoted to graduate study.

University of Maryland Baltimore Requirements for Admission and Tuition Fees (Quick Facts 2014 / 2015)

The general University of Maryland Baltimore tuition fees are $9,680 for in-state and $31,210 for out of state students.

UMB is a public health, law, and human services university, with 87% of students studying at the graduate level. The remaining 13% (792 undergrads), mainly study three subjects (Nursing (88.5%), Dental Hygine (6%), and Medical Technology (5.5%). Full application and requirement details for the school of Nursing can be found here.

University of Maryland Baltimore Information

As one of the oldest universities in the United States the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) has a rich history and has produced many famous alumni over the years, especially in the field of politics. The university is located in an urban setting in the eastern seaboard city of baltimore and is currently looked over by president David Ramsay.

The UMB has seven main schools, these are dedicated to the following subjects: Dentistry; Law; Medicine; Nursing; Pharmacy; Public health; and Social work. There is also a graduate school.

University of Maryland Baltimore Ranking

Photograph of the University of Maryland Baltimore by Danny_Eugene.

Some of the alumni of the University of Maryland, Baltimore include state governors such as Martin O’Malley, Albert Ritchie and Theodore McKeldin; Senators Isidor Rayner and Barbara Mikulski; cardiologist Antonio Fernós-Isern; and the judge Lawrence Rodowsky.

University of Maryland Baltimore Address

The university is located at the following address:
University of Maryland, Baltimore
W. Lexington St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
USA

Other colleges in Maryland state include the John Hopkins University, University of Maryland Baltimore County – UMBC, University of Maryland College Park.

Ranking and Quick Facts

The oldest member of the University of Maryland system, hence its alternative name as ‘The Founding Campus’. It is a public institution founded in 1807. The bulk of students study at the postgraduate level (currently 5,074), with just 810 studying at the undergraduate level. The student to faculty ratio is approximately 6:1.

The most popular majors are in registered nursing (82%), dental hygiene (11%), and clinical laboratory science (7%).

University of Maryland Baltimore ranking
University world Ranking – Times 200 (UK)
79 (combined Maryland system)
University world Ranking – Jiaotong 500 (China)
151 to 202
University world Ranking – Newsweek 100 (USA)
45 (combined Maryland system)
America Rank (Jiaotong)
77 to 98
UMB Facts
Students (Undergraduates / PG/ Total)
810
5,074
5,884
Faculty / Staff
2,200
Established
1807
Endownment (University of Maryland foundation)
$674,600,000 – 91st
Research Spending – USA Rank
$304,396,000 – 33rd
Affiliations
University Maryland System

Other US colleges by State


References

University of Maryland Baltimore; List of Maryland Colleges.

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 0 Flares ×